There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Global #UNBANDAVORAX

Discussion in 'Archived Support' started by ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang

ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang ArkhamKnight

Faction:
    Kappa
    Minecraft:
    Davorax
    Before I start this, may I ask WHY I can't appeal a shortened ban? Dumbest rule relating appeals -.-

Since I can't make another ban appeal as it gets auto denied by staff, may I ask why 77Moby was unbanned after exploiting for 30 days, he was back on the server not even 2 days ago after continuously arguing with staff about having is warp heads, and was only banned after receiving 5 warnings, but after I calmly and cooperatively speak with staff about item stacking on skyblock, after I explained that I had no idea that they were even perceived as an exploit as they had LITERALLY NO advantage I get banned. Now that's not the main reason I got banned, this is why, I will be using X as the staff member's name as I rather not call him out for it or cause a flame war.

X: Would you have actually sold the method?
    Davorax: If I got the right offer, yes

Note, I said this as I had no idea that the stacking was bannable or even considered an exploit, obviously I would've answered no.

Anyways, after I gave a response, I was banned for 30 days, now I EASILY could've lied and EASILY said no and EASILY strayed from a ban but I decided to tell the truth and said yes. What followed was a ban, an unfair ban after I explained to multiple (2) staff members how it worked and even gave them enough information to reproduce it. After I received the first (and only) warning on not to do it again I got banned. Now let me just say I did not give the method out to anyone, even my IRL friend who was continuously nagging me about it. I followed protocol, even after a staff member purchased the stacked goods from AH I calmly payed them the money back and literally did not argue at all, I receive a ban. I receive a ban for answering a question honestly. 77Moby, however can argue with staff and receive 5 verbal warnings and nearly instantly get unbanned.

Make a ban appeal you say? I did, I got the ban shortened to 14 days and decided to make another appeal but according to some bs rule, you can't appeal a shortened ban.

May I please be given a reason why I was unfairly banned and not even completely unbanned after an appeal why others have.

Before I end it off, the rule on exploiting after an appeal is >14 days, this means that it CAN be removed completely.

If I see any flaws in my text, I will only truthfully fix it up and will let you know what I have editted

To end it off, please do not lock this thread or archive it unless I have requested for it to be or for other forum protocol. I have also purposely unnamed the staff member(s) that were involved in my ban as I respect their privacy.

Lastly and finally, I made this thread as a substitute appeal as I cannot post to ban appeals, if this thread is moved to ban appeals, PLEASE do not auto deny.

Thanks
    - Davorax

#JusticeForDavorax!

Edit: May I also add that nothing I have written is biased, it is all based on fact.

• Like Like x 1
  2. alanvis100

alanvis100 Batman

Minecraft:
    alanvis100
    Staff are back at it again! Hopefully I see you in game after your ban tho :) .

3. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    Why would you be able to reappeal once your appeal was already accepted and reduced? The ban was reduced, not removed, so that's the final say.

4. alanvis100

alanvis100 Batman

Minecraft:
    alanvis100
    Because why not

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang

Faction:
    Kappa
    Minecraft:
    Davorax
    For the same reason why people appeal in the first place, to reduce the length/try to remove the ban completely, If I feel as if my appeal was denied due to lack of information/other then I could make another appeal providing more information.

Also to shorten a shortened appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    We shorten bans from appeals if it was valid and the player has admitted to what they've done. If it's a false ban, we will unban you. You aren't able to keep appealing a shortened ban as that doesn't make sense. Whatever your appeal was said to be is what you get.

7. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    Hey @Davorax,

Shortening bans was created to give users a shorter unban time if they were truly apologetic about breaking a rule, which resulted in their ban. This allows users who broke a rule, but is truly apologetic and acknowledges what they did to not receive a complete unban; as they have still broken a rule so some consequence still needs to be put in place. Having appeals not being able to be shortened but completely unban the user would pose an issue. What would be the purpose of banning people if they get banned then appeal it seeming apologetic, but really aren't, and just get a free pass? Appealing shortened bans would defy the purpose of having the ability to get your original punishment shortened in the first place. Ban appeals are there so you can appeal a ban if it was false, or if you are truly apologetic; not to apologise four times and get your ban lifted. You may think this is the dumbest rule for appeals, but it allows players to get back onto the server quicker, but still serve a punishment. I'm sure users would get angry if this was completely removed.

In the case of 7Moby955, their appeal was accepted and if you took a quick look at the acceptance message, it states "sorted separately" which means they were probably completely unbanned for a purpose. However, they have since been re-banned once again, permanently for the same reason of 'Exploiting [IS Warp Heads]'. As for their multiple warnings, I'm not aware as to why their received a number of warnings (if they actually do), as they shouldn't have been warned multiple times. Arguing with staff wasn't going to aid them in the long run anyway. Trying to oppose a staff members judgement and telling them to do something differently as you don't agree with it isn't going to get you anywhere, so I'd be careful where your argument is going. Nonetheless, they have been banned again.

In terms of your ban, even though you were unaware that this is perceived as an exploit, it doesn't make it okay and give you a free pass to being able to have them. Then, going on to say that you would sell the method doesn't aid you with the direction of your ban. If you were going to sell the method, you obviously knew it was of some value and these heads must be a rarity for people wanting to pay for it if they gave "the right offer". oWar stated on your first appeal that you weren't initially banned for being in possession of the heads, but that you were going to sell the method, which I see you are aware of. However, in your appeal oWar decided to still shorten your appeal after this. I'm aware that he gave you a verbal warning, then you got banned after proceeding to show it to Celetrix who is a staff member, which is why you were likely later banned as well. Also, stating that if you knew that this was considered an exploit you would have answered no to their question of if you are going to sell the method wouldn't have stopped the staff from banning you in the long run. Lying to staff is just going to cause you to receive a harsher punishment.

As for your ban being unfair, there is no proof to it being unfair. You were unaware of this exploit, which is why I understand why you may believe it is an unfair ban, but looking at it from a staff members perspective, we can't let users break a rule(s) and not punish them as they did not know what they are doing is against a rule(s). Others will be completely unbanned if their ban was found to be false or an Administrator has directly requested for their ban to be lifted. The reasoning behind their decision is never released to the public or to the other staff for the matter of a fact. So, there isn't really a answer I can give here. If the user is truly meant to be banned, they will be, like 7Moby955.

On the rules thread when it says "(Appeal > 14d)" or any appeal time, it means that is what the ban is shortened to. FYI, '>' means greater than, not less than so it will not be completely removed.

Note, this thread will not be moved to appeals so no need to worry.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Demonized666

Demonized666 ArkhamKnight

Faction:
    Dauntless
    Minecraft:
    Demonized666
    Fecking tryhard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang

Faction:
    Kappa
    Minecraft:
    Davorax
    Exactly the response I was looking for, thanks for clearing things up, just letting you know I wasn't banned due to owning any heads, it was a different exploit which consisted of stackings tools, nothing else. The method I would've sold was also related to stacking of tools, not heads. I was using Moby as an example, your answer is relevant in my situation however.

When I stated my ban was unfair, I was relating to to Moby, my ban was unfair in accordance to Moby's. Moby's warnings were verbal and the information was given to me after I asked if he got any warnings about it.

Again, thanks for the insightful response!

This thread can be locked and archived, thanks again for clearing up the confusion.

10. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    No worries. But yeah, similar idea. :p Moby's number of warnings and reasoning for the number of them is something I'm not to sure, sorry.

Everything else aside, was there any further queries you had, about your ban or anything else in general, or is this thread able to be locked?

11. ThiccJakePaulerGangGang999123456789123456789Logang

Faction:
    Kappa
    Minecraft:
    Davorax
  12. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    No worries, if any other queries do arise, feel free to PM me or create another support thread. c:

Thread Locked & Archived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
-->