There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Prison The New Prison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EnclaveColonel, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnclaveColonel

EnclaveColonel Joker

Minecraft:
    EnclaveColonel
    Hello! I'm creating this thread to simply share my opinions on the new prison system.

So, after Prison was released the community seemed to have extremely mixed emotions on it (From what I've seen in chat) mainly people leaning towards the disliking side of the new prison system what is perfectly fine as everyone is entitled to an opinion, however, i personally don't see what's so bad about it, the System makes the Prison a lot more balanced rather than the Donators (Including myself) prestiging within twenty minutes of gameplay and that's personally how i think it should be, a mix between OP Prison and 'Hardcore' Prison whilst still giving the Donators that huge boost they've donated for.

I'm going to go through the new mechanics and give my own personal outlook on how they've been used on the new Prison.

1. Mines
    The Mine designs are just simply not appeasing to me, they're not really "Superhero/Vilian" themed like Arkham is based around they're just new designs that we haven't seen before but don't relate to the mine they're representing at all, for example, The Joker mine is a church with a statue of an angel... how does that relate to Villains or The Joker?

2. Gkits/Crates

I personally like the new GKit system a lot, the Global crate has a huge variety of items you can get in from Boosters to Other Crate Keys To Gems that heavily increase a pickaxe's enchantments and skills.

3. Enchantments/Gems

The Enchantments you get from your pickaxe are given to you via a gem that you can choose to equip to your pickaxe, I prefer this system over spending ETokens or getting random enchants added whilst mining, its better to gain one gem of one random enchant that you have the choice to use on your pickaxe every 5k blocks you mine or getting them via crate keys.

4. Vote Parties

Vote parties, It's a lot more rewarding system for people who support the server by voting and boosts the idea of voting and gives you more of a reason to want to vote.

5. Real Estate

The Real Estate seems like a great idea and a great way to spend money, especially if you're farming money for a while and would prefer to wait before prestiging, I know myself that I'm definitely going to try invest into a Real Estate building (Personally Real Estate Building #1)

2. iKoalas

iKoalas Network Owner

Minecraft:
    iKoalas
    People just don't like change. They will get over it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. 1by

1by ArkhamKnight

They like change, people just don’t want to grind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Christo

Christo Flamingo

Faction:
    WarZone
    Minecraft:
    Chriisto
    There was a team called the prison squad.

Your sentence explains perfectly what we were aiming for, a good to play, yet hard prison. People don't like change like said earlier they will get over it. Most people depend on their paychecks for winning, although in this prison that is not completely the case. As a result of this, it gives new players opportunities to play, and enjoy the server without being demolished by people that max picks on day one. The point of this prison squad was to not only help with prison, but to find bugs and suggest things etc. Prison turned out nice other then a few things at the start of prison, people will have mixed emotions and that's fine. Everyone has their own opinion, and if you like it or not it doesn't matter.

5. MrSneakyGuy

MrSneakyGuy Memelord

Minecraft:
    MrSneakyGuy
    omg people like my prison <3

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Hourtime1030

Hourtime1030 Batman

Faction:
    Cat
    Minecraft:
    Hourtime1030
    they hate it

jk it's pretty good

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Zepherrr_X

Zepherrr_X Flamingo

Minecraft:
    Zepherrr_X
    The prison loving sucks, get sneaky to resign he cant do revamps, this prison is going to fail very very hard. Just hold the L.

8. iKoalas

iKoalas Network Owner

Minecraft:
    iKoalas
    Great input! This really helps us improve the gamemode with some nice suggestions.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Wesleyy

Wesleyy VIP

Minecraft:
    Wesleu
    my pmine is still trash

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. iKoalas

iKoalas Network Owner

Minecraft:
    iKoalas
    How is it trash?

11. Wesleyy

Wesleyy VIP

Minecraft:
    Wesleu
  12. iKoalas

iKoalas Network Owner

Minecraft:
    iKoalas
  13. Wesleyy

Wesleyy VIP

Minecraft:
    Wesleu
    They are not.

14. RipJawz

RipJawz Memelord

Minecraft:
    RipJawz
    They say they will fix it "soon"

15. Deco

Deco Flamingo

The suggestions for changing the Prison system were great - the execution... not so much.

Allowing for sell multipliers to be purchasable devastated the prison economy faster than even the old Prison economy did, this was perhaps the biggest looming time-bomb just waiting to be detonated within a few days of it launching.

We now have players who have amassed quadrillions in a matter of less than a week of launching due to the absurd rates of cash generated per inventory, which as a result has also caused gems (etokens 2.0) to spike in price, due to both a combination of their rarity and the hyper-inflation which ensued (hyper is putting it lightly).

As a result of the hyperinflated economy, this will now affect the economy's of other servers - a bleeding effect which was preemptively locked to Prison exclusively (the old one) due to the time taken for people to prestige items naturally matured to a steady price - this one did not.

The valuation of gems are now not determined based on their rarity, they are determined by a single player (literally). As such the exchange rate for say Faction items or Skyblock exchanges will cause these economies to also hyper-inflate (more than they already are).

The Prison economy is a bubble waiting to pop - which won't happen anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Hasan

Hasan ArkhamFag

Faction:
    lolicious
    this is why i like you deco. you have the balls to do something

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wesleyy

Wesleyy VIP

Minecraft:
    Wesleu
    I always said not to put multis on buycraft ! ! !!

18. Demonized666

Demonized666 ArkhamKnight

Faction:
    Dauntless
    Minecraft:
    Demonized666
    Never buy multis, you will lose them in the next prison reset which is about every 2 months it feels like.

19. MrSneakyGuy

MrSneakyGuy Memelord

Minecraft:
    MrSneakyGuy
    You bought multis like years ago and expect them to be returned....

20. Carden

Carden Flamingo

Faction:
    WarZone
    Minecraft:
    Carden
    To be completely fair he did buy them, regardless of how long ago, and its exactly the same product you're selling now.

I totally understand not wanting to give people the broken multis they had on other prisons, but a better solution probably would have been to get rid of purchasable sell multis altogether. Expecting people to buy literally the exact same thing over again doesn't look great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
-->