There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

[New MC Server] Old School Prison

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bossslimeplayzYT, Jun 23, 2020.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. It should be accepted! +1

50.0%
  2. It should be denied! -1

50.0%
  3. It has its pros & cons, I'm neutral. ±0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bossslimeplayzYT

bossslimeplayzYT Well-Known Member

Minecraft:
    BossslimeplayzYT
    Which area of the network are you making this suggestion for?
    New MC Server

What is the general essence or basic idea of your suggestion?
    Bring back Old School Prison

Elaborate on your suggestion in detail
    As we all know, old school prison before it was shut down had a lot of issues ranging from bugs, to commands not working and inactivity. But I think that fixing most of the bugs and commands, plus maybe adding some new unique features might bring more people into this section of the server. It'll also make people who bought a rank not mad over their wasted money, for people like me (With top rank) it was a giant waste of money because we ended up just losing the money in the end. Overall I loved the concept of oldschool prison with the spawners being expensive as hell but still having a chance to get them plus rank armor from drop parties. It was the most unique prison I ever played (I played it up until it shut down), but when they removed it, there was really nothing to do on this server (I sorta got into OP prison but it never stuck with me). Here are a couple of ideas you could add to it.

1. Add a couple of features from OP prison but nothing too big that'll provide almost no difference from the 2 servers.

2. Maybe hire helpers for that server only ((To help with the staff barely joining like they did before) Plus give any staff from the normal server their ranks too)

3. If you vote on any server, you also get a vote key on Oldschool but you cannot win ranks from crates (Unless you choose otherwise)

4. Don't add etoken shop as it is on OP prison but add something like it, just to buy base game enchants for your pickaxe (No custom enchants)

5. Add more items to drop parties (Also add OG kit gear but make it just a tiny bit more common than spawners)

What are the pros and cons of implementing this suggestion?
    Pros: People that spent money on a rank or don't enjoy OP prison have a place to play on.

Cons: There will probably still be bugs and many people would still not play (Most likely)

Any additional details, previews, videos, screenshots or links related to your suggestion

2. Psych0ticMrEpic

Psych0ticMrEpic Flamingo

If this were to happen then people would play it for no more than 3 days, until it ends up like kitpvp is right now. With no more than 10 people on at a time on a good day.

3. kemeticsand

kemeticsand Flamingo

Minecraft:
    kemeticsand
    This would take a while to do, and like Psychotic said would probably be popular for all of 3 days before people realise its just the same old old-school prison that almost noone played in the first place. I definitely think something should be done about the ranks though and that there should 100% be some kind of refund - maybe in a gc or equivalent rank if they don't already have it?

4. bossslimeplayzYT

bossslimeplayzYT Well-Known Member

Minecraft:
    BossslimeplayzYT
    They haven't done anything like that with my rank.

5. kemeticsand

kemeticsand Flamingo

Minecraft:
    kemeticsand
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying - they should be doing that. I think doing something to compensate the ranks might be a better idea than bringing the whole server back because it was unpopular in the first place - bringing it back will just take a lot of time and effort and it'll likely be just as unpopular as ever.

6. Dioculas

Dioculas Batman

Minecraft:
    Dioculas
    As much as Old School Prison was very cool a few years ago, it had a very small player base and I think it would be even smaller now. I would love to see it back, but realistically it would be a lot of effort for the developers and they wouldn't get much back out of it. -1

-->