There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Necroposting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iBardock, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    Well Arkhams forum certainly has changed, a moderator said I necoposted on a thread which hadn't been responded to in ten days!! I'm sorry but in which universe is TEN DAYS considered OLD. That is not even two full weeks, Necroposting SHOULD relate to threads that have been long dead over a month.

I think some of the staff need some "re-education" about just what the clarification of nexcroposting should be classed as.

Seriously that kind of ignorance grinds my gears, it is using your power just to use it, instead of using it for an actual valid reason.

Necroposting - A necropost is a post on an "old, abandoned thread that has been considered 'dead' for a while...that no longer serves any purpose but is bumped back up to the top of the forums by someone posting in

• Like Like x 3
  2. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
  3. Jey_80

Jey_80 ArkhamKnight

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    It was still changed making your warn valid. Claiming that we need to educate ourselves when you are the one at fault is disrespectful if anything. We, as a network, are allowed to create our own rules and guidelines for our players, hence the rule change.

5. Teg2016

Teg2016 Batman

disrespecting one of the old admins from the days when arkham was actually good? nice one xd

• Like Like x 2
  6. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    How was I disrespecting them? I was simply stating to do your research before making false claims.

7. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    Howdy, no need for everyone to try and kill the guy, I get he feels he was doing his job, my issue isn't rules it's how they are enforced

• Like Like x 2
  8. Teg2016

Teg2016 Batman

the way you said it xd

9. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    Guys I have no objection to dealing with Necroposting, I just believe that the ruling is a bit unfair and if possible I'd hope that some leniency can be shown based on the post and just how old the Necroposting is again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jey_80

Jey_80 ArkhamKnight

Li
    Like u falsebanned me ? LUL

11. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    I didn't immediately ban you, I asked 4 other staff members that agreed it was valid proof before doing so. I still disagree with the person who unbanned you, as do others. The fact that you're still salty about this shows very little about your growth. Please stick to the topic of Necroposting.

12. iFluffy_

iFluffy_ Vindicator

Minecraft:
    Empoeria
    Dont ya fuk with the bardock

13. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    Hey @iBardock,

To begin with, please be considerate that staff are here to do a job, and we merely follow a guideline in ways of punishing a user with the appropriate punishment when a rule is broken. With the recent alteration to the necroposting rule, being that the time period which was considered to make a thread 'dead' was extended by 3 days, that is what staff were guided as to what to punish for now. When you say: "some of the staff need some 're-education'"' all of the staff abide by the same forum rules which we did not create, but merely enforce. Seeing as Jake followed the rules and punished correctly, I'm not too sure how you can call him uneducated and effectively needs to reconsider how to do his job when he is simply here to punish rule breakers and improve the overall player experience. Not saying that you specifically mentioned his name but it I believe it was a clear indirect shot at him, among other staff. In addition to this, their 'ignorance' must be based upon the assumption in which members of the community think they can act and go against the forum rules when quite a bit thought has gone into them and then think it is okay to complain and not agree with how staff members are doing their job because of their biased views? That is the only 'lack of knowledge' which staff members seem to have when users go against the rules. Anyway, Cloud is the main Admin which deals with the forums and therefore is the person who sets all the forum rules in place. @Cloud.

With that, every forum is going to have a different, yet similar, time period after a post in considered necroposting on a 'dead' thread. After looking around, I found that most forums still consider necroposting to be posting on a thread which has been inactive for a week or longer. Taking from what I guess would be the definition or even overview you quoted, "old, abondoned thread that has been considered 'dead' for a while..." When something is 'considered', it is going to be taken in a different way for everyone as their decisions are going to be different from everyone else's views and opinions. Here on Arkham, we consider that a thread which has been inactive for 10 days or longer, it is now a 'dead' thread. However, when a user necroposts on a server announcement, the post is usually removed if it has no relevance to the topic of the announcement, much like guide threads, where unmeaningful necroposting results in the offending post being deleted.

If you believe the necroposting rule should be altered, by all means I recommend you submit the suggestion @ http://arkhamnetwork.org/community/forms/suggestions-form.8/respond.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    Way way ahead of you bro. I've set up a pm expressing my view on the issue to some staff including cloud.

My point is you would rather I created a new thread in order for me to respond to a thread which is ten days or older, at which point one of the members or staff members will highlight how there is already an active topic relating to the subject at hand.

I made a new thread about the state of arkham as the original was locked due to Necroposting and tagged in the op so he was aware I'd recreated the thread.

Blindly following rules is why my country is run by assholes lol.
    Have an opinion, be an individual. I am fine with the rule if it's followed respectfully, but locking the topic that has only recently been responded to a week and a half ago is excessive and I believe some common sense is required when carrying out your rule, if someone replies lol to a dated thread fair enough, but warning someone for a legitimate response is ridiculous and uncalled for.

P.S . A guideline as you call it is exactly that! A guideline, this is not nazi Germany and should not be ruled with an iron fist.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    Yeah, was informed of your PM not to long after my reply. ;P

However, threads like the one which was locked I do sometimes get were users are coming from and so does some of the staff in terms of not wanting the thread to get locked. When a thread is able to have a healthy discussion about things which Arkham can improve on, the staff team and I know Snekay does, but we do listen to the replies on the thread and do take them into consideration. Yet, at the end of the day when a rule is broken, we just do our jobs. I know we have a 'guideline' to follow, but there isn't much leniency with it.

I do agree with necroposting being altered in terms of relevance to the thread, but we will see how that's goes down.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  16. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    That's an excellent response, you obviously see that I'm not disputing the existense of the rule, it's just receiving a warning for legitimately trying to participate in a fairly recent / semi active thread was very new to me (been gone a while)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big_OC

Big_OC Flamingo

Faction:
    Chronic
    Minecraft:
    BigArkhamTryhard
    Personally, I feel that this rule should stay this way. Why would you be posting after 10 days? If there hasn't been any posts in the past 10 days, the thread is dead. This rule is fine and there is no reason to change this.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. iBardock

iBardock Joker

Minecraft:
    iBardock
    Maybe everyone isn't able to get on 24/7 due to commitments, so we get on when we can and post on the topics that interest us when we can.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, we all have one.

19. CheanadaWolf

CheanadaWolf Flamingo

The forums isn’t that active, so it wouldn’t really hurt if you increased the time to 31 days (a standard month). At the moment, it’s only 10 days which isn’t really that much if you put it into perspective. If you take away that from 31 days that’s 21, aka 3 weeks. If the forums was a lot more popular I would understand a shorter time. Personally, there aren’t enough thread for me to stick my nose in. :^)

20. Leemoonade

Leemoonade Flamingo

Minecraft:
    Leemoonade
    Well as @Big_OC stated, indeed there is nothing wrong with the duration. In a matter, you can see that if the thread is not trending anymore and it has been of for 10d or more, Yes people are into commitments but do they spend that long doing that?.
    That is why the rules said "Do not" Necropost. You can just read it and share your opinion in your mind.

And about the "Fully 2 week old" If you comment on a post that is almost 2 weeks old, you are replying to the threads and eventually necroposting that no longer has a purpose (Well still there is a purpose) but the problem is, if you Necropost, many people will follow you and get into that post that was already 10 days older. That is why it is considered as old because if it is already in peace, just try reading it and do not comment.

Next time try hitting on some latest threads rather than resurrecting and bumping as considered old threads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
-->