There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Global Mini Rant. A mix of all things.

Discussion in 'Archived Support' started by MuiltiNormal, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    1 week ago this was declared:

Immediately after this is declared, from what i've seen at least arkham hit some new forum highs/matched previous highs:

Most stress for a moderator over the course of 2 days.
    Longest time gone with a pending application in the forums.
    __
    If you are going to say we are accepting new staff and all that happens in that area is getting back OLD staff and not NEW staff then don't say you are accepting new staff.

If you are going to ignore old applications and not give them any attention then they should be denied with a reason sent on someones profile or something. (Application too old.)

On that topic: The creator of a application should be able to change it themselves to denied or OP-denied since life happens and alot can change with someones availability for staff in 1-3+ months.

There should also be a rule that pending applications after 1 month and 2 weeks are insta denied / bot denied with people allowed to create a new application / copy paste their previous one if they wish such.

One of the rules based around applications I believe should be more clarified/outlined.

Plagiarising

It should be clarified whether you are: allowed to take inspiration from another application or copy the format and whether or not you are allowed to plagiarise your old perfectly fine application.

You should have a requirement for admins and such to actually look through apps once a week and give their opinion on the app in the form of a check or a cross.

If you prioritize social media applications over forums ones like you always have: it should be outlined in the thread that dming a admin+ on social media with one chat log may get it looked at sooner.

User ratings should actually make some sort of an impact. If an app gets 4 admin ticks it's accepted simple. If an app gets 2 player ticks and 20 player crosses or even 0 player ticks and 100 player crosses it stays in pending. And it could still get accepted if it got 4 admin ticks.

____
    Much more I could say and go onto with this topic but i'm out of time.
    Sorry for formatting, hard to format on mobile.
    I put this in support because it's really a mix of support, general discussion & suggestions. I figured since from my view: it's more so a rant because I think something needs support / to happen or I need support, it should go in the support section.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyradawn

kyradawn Vindicator

Faction:
    PARADOX
    Minecraft:
    kyradawn69
    We are currently having an issue with sync account so some players can't make apps and me and iKoalas don't have our auto accept and deny on apps atm. We may just start accepting and denying the apps regardless of admin votes. I'll clarify the rest of this tomorrow. Too tired to think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    Glad to hear. Thanks for the response kyra. How have you been btw?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandy <3

Sandy <3 Flamingo

OP honestly this wasn't to much of a 'support' thread, but in response to your thread, we DO accept new staff, and bringing back old staff is a form of accepting them. We don't ignore old threads.. we just don't have the time to look at them and deny/accept them sometimes.. We are only human. I do like your idea of Ops being able to delete their staff apps after a certain a period of time.. but the auto deny could be annoying because the apps may not have been looked at. You are allowed to take inspiration from staff applications but you cannot copy a format and you are allowed to copy your earlier applications. Also, I'm sure that admins do take user into account. Now OP, do you have any further questions or may this thread be locked and archived?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    -.-
    I don't recall asking the questions you "answered" and no, i'd like to wait for a few more responses first if possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cloud

Cloud Resigned Forum Manager

Minecraft:
    Cloud_
    Sure, will leave this open, as Kyra has said she would clarify this tomorrow.

7. Carrot

Carrot Flamingo

Just saying, this actually happens lol.

8. 1by

1by ArkhamKnight

+1

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    I meant a REQUIREMENT for it to happen once a week. It doesn't happen. I've been watching staff apps for over a month every day or so. Simple.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carrot

Carrot Flamingo

Well not trying to leak too much, but there is/was a document that had staff votes on different applications,

11. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    Cool. That's unrelated to what I said.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sandy <3

Sandy <3 Flamingo

Although we don't have any set requirements.. admins do look at staff apps periodically.. we also have sub teams working on them. We just can't look through all of them. It is just not possible with some of the things going on on the server.

13. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    Although we don't have set requirements, admins periodically do so every year or 20. We also have a full team working with them even though we only need 1 but nothing still happens. We are busy so we don't care. We can't look at them.

That's how I read your message. Do me a favour and don't try to "help" me again. Because you aren't helping me and it feels like you are attacking me or something of the sort.

By the way, there's a fine line between periodically and doing something and a fine line between all and barely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blanqe

Blanqe Flamingo

Minecraft:
    Blanqe
    Its funny how most junior staff members, are answering your non-existant questions and giving out vague answers. Almost makes you think if they even really know what they're doing, or even have some sort of an idea about whats happening around the server. Hmm? @Rusty

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    I don't remember the last time a comment confused me more then yours. Rephrase please. For now i'll just give you the first creative rating i've ever given out. Because well played.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    Hey @Rusty,

Seeing as Kyra or iKoalas haven't officially announced anything about the current status of applications since iKoalas' thread on accepting new staff, I'd say applications aren't a main priority as of right now. With perms being a little messed up currently, applications are on a hold. Old staff have been given the opportunity to be join back, as they have previous experience and know what they are doing so other more important content can be focused on. However, new staff are going to be accepted, and will trickle in for the mean time until all the applications can be reviewed. We do understand some users are waiting for months, by that time are no longer interested and are probably denied. The sub-team which we used to have (looking through apps and forwarding them to admins) has sinced been removed so the process has been slowed. With other major content bug fixes and features which admins are concentrating on, it is hard to review all applications. As of right now, the staff team doesn't seem to be struggling. In saying that, applications will be gone through when Kyra and iKoalas see fit.

I'm going to be honest, with the current amount of applications, it is going to be a large task to sort through them all. I wouldn't say all the applications are going to be sorted in a short time frame, while the few admins concentrate on other issues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    If that's the case. With such a huge announcement. They should clarify this to be the case. Can I legit request for mine to get denied it was made like 3 months ago? Not only will I be playing under a diff ign for anonymousy, I don't have a mic, or my desktop or anything atm. And a whole bunch of personal issues occured. There should be an option for an op to deny it themselves on the application section. Also, it really annoyed me when people were talking about them having a sub team when I was here the minute it was shut down.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    If your application has been in pending for that long, there is a likely possibility of it getting denied. I did talk to one of the Admins about requesting your own application to be denied and because only Kyra and iKoalas have perms to auto deny, 4 of the admins would need to downvote it. However, I was told you may leave a comment on your application saying you wish for it to be denied and when applications are gone through, it should be denied.

I recommend creating a suggestion thread about having an OP deny feature to applications - as the best you can currently do is comment on the application saying you want it to be denied.

19. MuiltiNormal

MuiltiNormal Batman

Faction:
    Bedrock
    Already plan to. Making a list of things and gonna make at once

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dragon

Dragon Flamingo

Minecraft:
    dragonguy00
    Manager permissions have recently been fixed to be able to deny / accept applications directly. So even more recently, Kyra and some of the other staff have gone through all the applications, denying them, accepting them, or giving them a +1 Admin vote. Now, if you look at the application section, there will still be some applications, all of which will have at least one +1 Admin vote. These applications didn't get denied or accepted as Kyra wants for the Administrator to look through them and vote themselves. So, as the permissions have been fixed, hopefully applications will be gone through more regularly.

In saying that, OP, do you have any other queries or require support with anything else, or may this thread be locked and archived?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
-->