There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Global FACTIONS vs. TOWNY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darcyy, Aug 3, 2020.

?

TOWNY vs FACTIONS

1. Towny

22.7%
  2. Factions

63.6%
  3. A mashup of both!

13.6%
  1. Darcyy

Darcyy Moderator

Faction:
    bab
    babs,

The poll to decide whether the community prefers Factions or Towny is here.

*Please take note that this isn't an official poll, merely just lighthearted fun/banter.

I'm sure we could've done this poll when both game modes were open on this server, but that just makes this poll so much more interesting. I have been a player for both Factions & Towny and I have noticed that players on their respective game-mode will fight for it until till the end.

-={!}=-

What is Towny?

Towny is a game-mode that consists of towns that have ranks such as Mayor/Co-Mayor/Officer/Member with plots, differing in size/cost for each individual person and a spawn that consists of everything members in the Town will need. Each person in the Town pays tax towards upkeep of the Town & contributes to the town by allowing the Mayor/Co-Mayor to expand the town and invite more people. It is a sell based economy, similar to Eco-Survival. It allows for Towns to declare War on eachother, but otherwise rather peaceful. It's main objective is to become the richest town with the most people in the respective Town. It is essentially Factions, with less griefing/destroying with more of a community based spirit.

-={!}=-

What is Factions?

Factions is a game-mode that consists of Factions that have ranks such as Leader/Co-Leader/Officer/Member with Faction bases scattered throughout the worlds. It's main objective is to destroy/raid other bases and become the most powerful/wealthy Faction. Each Faction has claims on the land such as Towny, but with multiple defences against griefers/attackers. It is a very competitive game-mode involving Alliances, Allies & Enemies. You can claim outposts to give you certain advantages over the other players and boost your Faction straight to the top.

-={!}=-

How would a Mashup of both work?

Joining Factions & Towny together would be a very interesting game-mode to say the least. It would include Kingdoms that have individual plots per member like Towny, but with the ability to cannon/destroy/rob other Kingdoms. You would still pay tax to the Kingdom. You would have all of your spawners/important stuff in the Castle which would be heavily protected. Plots would be positioned outside of the Castle walls or inside - completely up to the Kingdom. You could make the Overworld a peaceful world without the raiding, but with the ability to farm & have Kingdom plots but without the ability to place spawners. The Nether could be a dangerous world where you can place Spawners and attack/raid other Castles in the Nether. You would have Outposts in /pvp to boost your Kingdoms profits/rewards.

It would be Towny with the same offensive/defensive strategy involved in Factions.

I
    t would rely heavily on the Towny plugin but with changes to allow for the attacking/raiding that you can do in Factions.

-={!}=-

As a fan of both, I have decided to see which one you guys prefer.

Please explain your answer in the replies and start up some conversations describing what you loved about the game-mode(s) & what you'd love for them to do if they would release the game-mode(s)

VOTE below.

*Message Darcyy#0001 with your IGN & Forums name to be eligible to claim 50m on Skyblock for voting.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. P4NDAzz

P4NDAzz Moderator

Let's do a big mashup, that'd be so cool! *fingers crossed*

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Durgon

Durgon ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    Durgon
    towny

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FelinePurrfect

FelinePurrfect ArkhamKnight

Towny. I don't really like factions or raiding etc. I prefer working with people to create things. I don't really want my stuff torn down and I certainly don't want to destroy other people's work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LevM_

LevM_ Moderator

Towny!! I don't want to spend hours building for someone to blow it up!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dauntless

Dauntless Flamingo

Faction:
    911/Salty
    Minecraft:
    LilDaunt
    Towny = D0wny. Where tf is factions

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. BlockBen16