There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

Factions Factions Reset - 9th of February! [FTOP Prize]

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Curtis, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curtis

Curtis Member

Minecraft:
    Curtis
    Hey there Heroes and Villains!
    I'd first like to apolgoize for the delay on this announcement post! Today I will be announcing the new map of Factions. If you haven't previously read my post regarding the upcoming reset then I recommend you do now!

Previous Post: http://arkhamnetwork.org/community/threads/update-on-the-impending-reset.86705/

The server is expected to reset/re-open around 5pm EST on Friday the 9th of February! I would like to quickly note that there maybe possible delays. You can find a countdown here:

http://itsalmo.st/#factionsarkham

Now, let's get onto the new map of Factions!

We will be making some drastic changes to how some of the systems work. Replacing them with upgraded and improved systems. I recommend if you plan to play Factions you read this post carefully!

I will provide some misc information and general need-to-know information.

50 Members per/faction
    50 Power per/player (50 power upon login too)
    20 chunk buffer limit
    Autocannons are banned
    Cannons using triangles are now banned
    Raid detectors are not allowed

Spawners will NOT be protected via water (even if water is poured over it)

World Sizes:
    15,000 x 15,000 Main World (No oceans & Flat Bedrock)
    2,500 x 2,500 Nether (KoTH's will be placed here along with the WarZone)
    3,000 x 3,000 End (Bedrock @ y:1 - Sandstone Y:2-50)

"Cannons using triangles are now banned" although this is very vague it bascially means that if the server classes your cannon as a significant Triangle cannon, it'll attempt to prevent it from working. I've tested cannons with users that used Triangles and they worked fine, so don't worry! Adjustments will be made.

Bedrock has been lowered to 300 TNT hits.

Lava is now scatterable. If you're TNTing a base and manage to hit a regen wall, blowing up the lava will prevent it from reflowing.

Let's jump straight into what everybody is most excited about
    As promised, this map of Factions will in-deed have a prize. Since this is our first map doing this sort of thing we're keeping it lowkey, for now! So we're offering the following:

$750 USD in Buycraft vouchers. The voucher will be gave to the LEADER of the Faction at the end of the map. Placement prices to be annonced when we end the map!

There is rewards for first, second and third place!

The system is based on Factions WEALTH. We will be using our built in /f top system!

This next one is probably the biggest change coming to Factions...

I have spent some time evaluating the economies of the servers, how people obtain high value items and how often. I have noticed that GKits are extremely over-powered in terms of the server contents they provide. Crate key all's should be a rare occurance, atleast on Factions.

With Crate keys being vital in having a head start, gaining high wealth and adding tons of value to the economy, I think you should only be able to obtain them through ways such as purchasing them on our store, voting, winning KoTH's etc etc.

So today I am announcing "Faction Kits" or "FKits" for short. FKits will replace the GKit system for Factions.

NOTE: This does NOT remove your GKit access. GKits are NOT being removed from the other servers.

If you have purchased a GKit or plan to purchase one, you will automatically gain access to the eqivulant FKit. While they may not contain server wide crate key alls, they will provide more Faction based kits. Custom Enchantments, scrolls, keys (for you only) and money!

They will have similar names and similar cooldowns to GKits.

* Still in testing. Maybe delayed upto 48h after release.

As promised, you will FINALLY be getting KoTH's this map. I am not going to go into tons of detail as I am aware you've been promised KoTH's in previous maps. KoTH's will be enabled on Tuesday. We want users to spend time working on their bases and it will allow us to see our active player times so we can schedule the KoTH's around then!

When I joined Arkham I was handed a document that a couple of the players and staff team collaborated on. We've used that document to make a couple of changes to the shop, fix tons of bugs and add a couple new and requested features! So I think we owe those guys a huge thank you!

Before I joined Arkham had a few issues related to one of the major factors of Factions and that was cannons! While they look incredible and scary, they're a pain! I have worked with a couple of the players regarding Cannons and general server performance and we've managed to fix and improve most of the issues. Cannons have been tested and the previous issues have been fixed. If any issues arise, please let me know!

You can purchase crate keys, trench pickaxes and more on our store:

buy.arkhamnetwork.org

You may purchase now and it will come through when you join tomorrow!

A heavily requested feature was most definately /f chest! We've implemented /f chest to the Faction server. Any player is able to purchase and access their /f chest via the /f chest upgrade command!

There are multiple upgrades, these will require in-game cash to use!

If your Faction is reset then the /f chest for your Faction is completely wiped.

We've decided to change our Custom Enchantment system, removing the Crystals!

We heard request to change the way the current Enchantment system works. We've moved to a more widely known system. With an insane amount of enchantments, scrolls, tinkerer and more!

We are planning to completely rework this enchantment system again for the new map of Factions so please don't hesitate to make any suggestions!

Crate Keys have been buffed! With the change to the GKits removing mass crate keys every day, we've gone ahead and buffed the Crates! We are still going to be working on improving the crate keys throughout the week. The price of keys will NOT be changing.

You can purchase crate keys, trench pickaxes and more on our store:

buy.arkhamnetwork.org

You may purchase now and it will come through when you join tomorrow!

As mentioned previously we've made our focus on fixing the bugs and issues rather than tons of new features. We've been provided a large amount of bugs in which we've fixed. My priority was base glitching. We've fixed quite a few fatal base glitching bugs and are hoping to find the experience alot more enjoyable than previous. We've worked hard on all bugs provided, if we missed some or some didn't get reported please report them ASAP in the bugs section!

There will be a 7 day grace period in which explosions WILL be disabled. This means no TNT or Creeper explosions throughout the week period. We will have an updated rules post for Factions within the next couple of hours. Voting will be disabled for the first 3 hours. Paragon disabled for the first 24 hours.

There are many many smaller improvements and changes. I will most likely be making edits to this post throughout the next 24 hours with any possible downtime and any changes/improvements I didn't mention!

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow at 5pm EST. We hope for a smooth release but after Eco, we're taking extra care to ensure that doesn't happen again. But these changes will be under heavy load which we couldn't do in testing.

Thanks,

Curtis.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fatjews

fatjews ArkhamFan

Faction:
    911 Leader
    Minecraft:
    AbusedSexually
    FIRST

3. Gopal

Gopal Memelord

Faction:
    2nd

4. IHackedJake

IHackedJake ArkhamKnight

Minecraft:
    IHackedJake
    This actually sounds really amazing and enjoyable and I don't even like factions lol.

Yeah, let's hope for the first hour the server isn't down like with eco xd

5. fatjews

fatjews ArkhamFan

Faction:
    911 Leader
    Minecraft:
    AbusedSexually
    can paragon and vote partys be disabled on factions. k thnx

6. LegendRobin

LegendRobin Flamingo

Minecraft:
    LegendRobiin
    Awesome ! :)

7. James_x

James_x Flamingo

Minecraft:
    James_x
    my mom said i need to eat more bananas

8. TJeye

TJeye Hero

I feel like something else was happening Friday at 5:00? Hm must be imagining something

9. ItsNarwhal_

ItsNarwhal_ Flamingo

Ill bet anyone paypal that before the end of the map Arkham will break 99% of cannons trying to "fix" triangles lol

10. Hockey87FTW

Hockey87FTW Flamingo

Faction:
    Vendetta
    Minecraft:
    Hockey87FTW
    What is this, Cosmic? smh

11. SlovenijaTMGeek

SlovenijaTMGeek Flamingo

Faction:
    19cSuck
    Minecraft:
    SlovenijaTMGeek
    750$ voucher? lol

12. Hockey87FTW

Hockey87FTW Flamingo

Faction:
    Vendetta
    Minecraft:
    Hockey87FTW
    So no triangles meaning no cannons.... every cannon uses some sort of triangle tech

13. mkadz12345

mkadz12345 Flamingo

Faction:
    UrMum
    Minecraft:
    mkadz13
    Smh you ruined factions... legit just copied cosmic and archon.

14. DerpyMycro

DerpyMycro Flamingo

Faction:
    RIP
    Minecraft:
    DerpyMycro
    More custom enchants
    pepe hands.jpg

15. Skydog_Rules

Skydog_Rules Flamingo

More enchants i'm actually very happy about

16. MrYellow_Bird

MrYellow_Bird Batman

Minecraft:
    MrYellow_Bird
    does this mean regens dont work?

17. Zectos

Zectos ArkhamFan

Minecraft:
    Zectos
    im gey

18. uninstallpls

uninstallpls Flamingo

Minecraft:
    uninstallpls
    what about the str 2 bs with sharp 5 ??? that poop does like 6 hearts in 1 hit , remove str 2 pots and we good

edit: also curtis pls explain to arkham staff how to take care of hackers , no hacker deserves second second maybe 5 month ban, that poop is wacked

19. Amir

Amir Flamingo

Minecraft:
    Amir__
    Sounds good!

20. Gopal

Gopal Memelord

Faction:
    We don't determine the punishments that hackers receive. We merely punish based on the punishments listed in the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
-->