There are currently players online. Connect using playmc.mx

[All Areas of the server] Glitch Finders/Testers

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by lachlanglass, Nov 14, 2018.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. It should be accepted! +1

25.0%
  2. It should be denied! -1

75.0%
  3. It has its pros & cons, I'm neutral. ±0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachlanglass

lachlanglass Flamingo

Faction:
    none
    Minecraft:
    SubwayJared69
    Which area of the network are you making this suggestion for?
    All Areas of the server

What is the general essence or basic idea of your suggestion?
    Glitch finders / Anti Cheat Testers

Elaborate on your suggestion in detail
    Basically I was thinking that there could be a community almost with a few people like myself and a few others that are able to test the server's anti cheat by hacking and testing parts of the server like staff responses and maybe testing what does or doesn't bypass as the current anti cheat doesn't really do much but deny some hacks (I know for myself as I have experienced these hacks through others falsely leading me to believe they were legit and tricking me) and also this could be used for staff applications or seeing what people would do in a worst case scenario, this could bring back more players as I know one of the reasons people don't play is because of the amount of illegimate players on the server and the fact that nothing is being done about them (All of the above is not meant to hurt or harm anyone it is just merely constructive feedback that could be used in the server)

What are the pros and cons of implementing this suggestion?
    there could be an easier way of testing if staff are good or not and that could mean that the staff lists could be more refined and people that aren't doing their job would be quickly found and dealt with, this could also lead to better experience as they would have to deal with high stress situations that would give them more/better experience for future reference, this could also allow devs to quickly deal with new hacks that have been made or programmed into certain clients, this would mean a lot less hacks would be used and lead to the server being closer to the hacker free community it needs.

Any additional details, previews, videos, screenshots or links related to your suggestion
    If this idea were put in place as the one who came up with the idea I (HunterOfThots) would like to be responsible for recruitment for this "Program" or at least making sure that "Program" would be doing what it's supposed to and it would be like a group of "Second class" staff as they aren't really staff they are just doing what they are meant to eg testing bugs and what does or doesn't bypass not to mention that this would mean that the community as a whole would be less toxic yet still feel the way arkham players do, this would also mean there would have to be boundaries like taking down the server, destroying things this would lead to a large amount of trust for people like me or others, the current staff in charge of recruitment if you will, would tell the testers like me and a few others what needs testing (If there is a new staff member that maybe we should test or certain hacks that are being used recently etc)

2. Christo

Christo Flamingo

Faction:
    WarZone
    Minecraft:
    Chriisto

This isn’t necessary. We have a good enough staff team and even a sub team dedicated to finding bugs. That team works really hard and finds most of the bugs.

You may ask, but why aren’t the bugs fixed if they’ve been found ?

With the revamp coming up, there is just no point in fixing these if there is going to be all new content in just a few weeks.

It has been rumored that staff will be able to bring a “second” person to beta testing with them. I cannot confirm nor deny this, we will just have to see then.

Admins don’t even have the permissions to break world guarded blocks, so players that want to be a part of a program that aren’t even staff would not happen.

Testing recruits for staff is not necessary. They don’t know what to do yet, that’s the point. Once they get staff we teach them what to do and how to handle situations, not before they even get accepted.

I am so confident that I will say this won’t happen, because it unnecessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sans

Sans Flamingo

Minecraft:
    NoHaxJustSans

If this would be implemented it would create unnecessary work for the staff team.

In my opinion, creating a team who can hack with no consequences is absurd. It takes away the point in players actually playing on Arkham and not going to other servers to get a good experience, where they don't encounter much hackers. There will be more illegitimate players to ruin the experience for the legit players. Not only does it ruin the experience for the players, it will create more work for the staff team, when we can be sorting out people who already have a hacked client installed who aren't just doing it to test the staff team.

With 'testing staff responses' you shouldn't need to do this. If you have a legitimate question or concern, feel free to run /staff and message one of the online staff members to ask them a question, or if you're not online to ask them directly you can message online staff members on the forums. It doesn't need to be tested since that is what we're here for. If you do find that a staff member is not doing what they're supposed to be doing, feel free to contact an admin to talk about it. There is absolutely no need to have a set of people who ask fake questions.

In your suggestion you also mentioned seeing what people who've applied to be in the staff team would do in certain situations. This is both unnecessary and unfair for those who wish the be in the staff team, as they would be unaware of all of the staff duties and rules, and most importantly they haven't been trained the same way as other staff have been, which has been further explained by Chriisto above.

You also mention that illegitimate players are a reason why people don't play on Arkham 'this couldbring back more players as I know one of the reasons people don't play is because of the amount of illegimateplayers' but how would bringing more hackers to 'test' sort this issue. Hackers are an issue on any Minecraft server, I understand that, but how will increasing the amount of this improve the server?

I am open to all suggestions here, and enjoy seeing them being implemented because it shows that we care about what you think and that we're adding features that you want, but I can't see this being implemented. I'm certain that this will not happen. However, if you can explain why all of these reasons that I've challenged would help the server, I might change my vote.

However, I don't think that this will ever be implemented due to all of the reasons I've said above, and from what Chriisto has said

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to create another thread

4. Chicken

Chicken Flamingo

Minecraft:
    KFCCC
    -1 We have a bug reports team that work to find bugs on the server and with many staff recently promoted to SrMod it is even easier to get a rid of illegitimate players. Also beta testing has been discussed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christo

Christo Flamingo

Faction:
    WarZone
    Minecraft:
    Chriisto
    Denied.
    Reasons above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status: